Most newly started businesses today create a corporate website on Facebook almost before the Brønnøysund Register has assigned them an organization number. Well established and so-called “old businesses” also come after, which is positive for all parties.
Why would you like to go on Facebook?
First of all, it is important that you appear. If you do not know that you exist, they will not leave any kind of value in your business. Secondly … No, it’s just okay to create a bullet list.
- The company becomes visible – the more people know that the business exists, the greater the chance that customers are interested in their products and / or services
- Communication with customers – As customers previously learned about offers and information about companies through websites, advertisements and atlases, they can be directly linked to their own digital wall. The bonus is that they can provide immediate feedback, both positive and negative
- Service – On Facebook you can show customers that you are service-oriented (because I guess their business is?) By answering them promptly, showing that you appreciate them and at all give them the opportunity to quiet public questions
- Credit – An open public dialogue shows that you are honest with your customers, and do not try to create a fake glossy of yourself. A public comment containing constructive criticism can be answered with humility and gratitude, and you show that you take your customers seriously. The bonus here is that all the brags you get are also public!
- Marketing – just this point is probably enough to start using Facebook. Offers, competitions, etc. published on facebook make customers immediately see if the offers are something for them and you do not have to wait 15 days for all mailing addresses to get their promotional photos or sit there with the hope that their customers will check if there is something useful in the spam filter on their email account
- Knowledge management and collaboration on internal Facebook pages – On internal Facebook pages, employees can discuss, collaborate and share their knowledge with others. One can help each other and thus complement and strengthen each other
How do you use Facebook as a business?
There are many opportunities on Facebook. One must take care to constantly recruit new followers, and customize the content according to how many you have. Offers like “5 pcs to 70% off” when you have 150 000 followers is not a jerk. Content must suit most. How Facebook is used by many companies today:
- News in the industry
- News about the company – products, services and projects
- Information about new products that are or should arrive at the warehouse / store
- Competitions for the consequences
- Offer for the consequences
- Open questions – “What is your favorite product in our online store?” Or “What technology do you miss in everyday life?”
- Create engagement – an example of this is “We have now decided to stop all sale of fur, and our goods as of today contain any kind of real fur will be taken out of stock and burned on the fire. What do you think of fur farming? “
- Custom tables at the top of the timeline where customers can submit questions
- Image usage – these can be pictures of products, employees, premises, news, etc. An image says more than a thousand words
- Humor related to their industry – this can include everything from jokes to humorous pictures and cartoons. Everyone likes a good laugh
- Recruitment – Posting information about new positions can cause the perfect searcher to find out that the job is available
How to get followers?
You may naturally start small. I see that you can take the following measures and that followers are provided in this order:
- Have a welcoming front page for followers and non followers
- Man encourages employees to like since
- The staff encourages their friends to like since
- You get followers through competitions – promotional campaigns and exclusive competitions that only apply to Facebook followers
- Advertisements for the Facebook page via other channels, such as blog, twitter, online store, website, promotional film, etc.
How to keep followers?
This is important. I have “unliked” several pages on Facebook, and it has several reasons.
- Have a good strategy to begin with and follow this strategy
- Maintain a good and frequent dialogue with customers, including them
- Be active! I personally deleted multiple pages from my “likes” because they rarely update
- Keeping track of what your customers like – If a topic turns out to be more popular than others, write more about it
- Develop with your customers – listen to what your customers are saying, they start moving in a different direction than you do, try to follow them
Can not tell me to be taken for this and additionally explain that their information has been misleading for a reason may be particularly strategic by NetCom.
This point should be part of the strategy you plan in advance. One is usually used to using Facebook in a completely different way from what is decent to a business, and one can quickly make mistakes. Should you comment on topics that can be perceived severely by the consequences, it is important to choose how to pronounce it carefully.
This should be remembered once you have taken responsibility for socializing your business on the internet:
- Competitors – Adding text, images and videos that can weaken a competitor are unprofessional and may end up giving the opposite effect of what your business wants
- Politics – Discussing political issues and issues where you clearly show which side you support can make you get a lot of followers on your neck
- Culture and Religion – You are unaware of its followers to make statements and statements about these themes, and a business should stay neutral in questions that may be perceived to be difficult for customers and followers
- Deprived of individuals , even though the person and thing is profiled in the media
- .. And much more!
It has been seen that companies and social media people have thrown themselves on waves and urged to support cases and people based on popularity and sentimentalism, which later proved to be incorrect and that the case proves to be quite different. So-called hot themes should be included with a pinch of salt, and be well informed in advance if you want to get involved in them.
Important to keep in mind
Strategy. Even if you do not need a doctoral dissertation on what strategy you are going to use, it may be good to have written down some points on how to use Facebook. Questions you can ask yourself are:
- Should Facebook be our main channel?
- Should we only write about ourselves or include information and news in our field of expertise?
- How do we want to appear?
- How formal / informal should our language be?
- What tone should we take?
- Who will post updates on the page?
- What should the maximum response time be?
- Should we accept all comments and posts from customers / followers? Where does the border go?
- How high activity level should we have?
It is allowed to try and make mistakes. You learn as long as you “facer”.